Thursday, January 25, 2007
New Babylon
Today we had our last rehearsal before the performance of the film score for the New Babylon, while the film is being screened. I actually had fun today, what with trying to count and remember my rests, while trying to crane my neck north-east to check out the film and then trying to play and watch at the same time. It worked! I actually got the gist of the film and I really loved the style, it was pretty dark in a forward-looking kind of way, or maybe I say that only in retrospect. It was difficult and pretty amazing that we managed to pull it together, still remember when everyone starting stamping on the stage and cheering after we finished the first reel exactly matching the score with the film. Conductor tells us the first time this was premiered they thought the conductor was drunk because the film didn't match the music, but today it did like action to action and it was amazing to sneak peeks and see how it was pulling together. now all those practices felt worth it and I'm really going to have fun, its so exciting to see how Congruous we are.
belle epoque at 12:19 AM