Saturday, September 09, 2006
a wonderful weekend
Friday and Sat were wonderful, I haven't been this happy for quite a long time. Friday was pretty packed, I saw TK in the morning and had a fruit breakfast while he had a prata one, talked and posed with my wooden doll, had fun crapping and then met N and CS (by accident) had a cool jap lunch w N and realised (through eating a whole bowl of roe) that I don't like roe as much as I think I did. Then I rushed off to get a haircut and then rehair my bow.
Met NK for Forbidden City which was amazing and at which we met someone
who looked familiar.
:) and then met some friends for a short chat. but saturday really took the show
for one thing, I met with two groups of people who are so important to me and who are my closest, from my CCAs, debate and strings. Somehow it doesn't matter how long its been since we've seen each other we still always get along amazingly. We watched the Devil Wears Prada and all 5 of us decided to pick careers over love. It was pretty hilarious. It gave me so many ideas about what to buy (amazing clothes!)in Chicago haha then I got a bear ;) and dropped by the luthier's again.
At 5 the party started, TK and SY dropped by first then the rest trickled in, we hung out and basically played with the cat and gossiped a bit before eating. But afterward it got much more fun, we sat in a huge circle and made viola jokes and discussed the dubious nature of LC's relationship with cats and his comment of "go Do a parrot". HAHA. TK and I also greatly enjoyed the priceless (FULL) 3 seconds of blank (I don't know even if it was blank shock or just plain BLANK) on everyone's faces when we told them the punchline to our pink and silver baby joke. and how TY took so long to get the girl on the swing one haha.
The jamming rocked. Borrowed a violin and viola from JK (great to have a strings neighbour) and we started off revising Dvorak American's 4th movement, which was a fun starter, what with TY being a 2nd violin haha. Then we had the American 2nd movement, Pooh was amazing for someone who hadn't touched the violin in a while and he and AB were just so great as 1st and 2nd, just like they were as concertmaster and co leader in ensemble, the tone was great and when they hit the duet part I almost really felt like crying. And what was really amazing was that when he nailed the high C (I think it was a C) ( though with prior warning because he gave us a look of horror before he reached it); when he nailed it we just all cheered spontaneously. I can't believe how close we all are, how all the seniors keep coming back and these few batches are really together, honestly these are some of my closest friends. Then I played Borodin 3mvt with Fish MT and TY, it was sweet and familiar, though I was a little rusty. It was so sweet and momentous and yet sad at the same time, to feel so happy and perfect with people I am so close to.
Started thinking about the first time I met everyone, and here I'm going to name some people.
Pooh: Guess I really met you in HC strings and got to know you slowly there because you were just so easy to get along with, not really one specific incident
Ruilin: Talked to you on and off in strings but only Really got to know you during your Grade 8 accompaniment :)
Alicia: We've always been talking, but remember that time we started PCO together and got a lift in Mr Goh's car?:)and then we got closer, promised to play Passacaglia together and mugged and stayed over at Deb's house:) and all those gigs we had together!
Jun Khee: Talked here and there w you but I think we got closer last yr when I FINALLY realised you were my neighbour and we started having stayovers for mugging or fun :) and HK! whoa! :)
Jon Low: Since you were in cello I think it was just progressive HAHA but I really smsed you a lot during J1 promos, mug buddy! It all turned out all right :) (and you DONT live in Potong Pasir!)
Ming: Heard of you from Fish, when you were abt to join strings, and knew you were playing in the Xmas gig, but only Really got to know you in Octet Generation 1 and we've been close! :)
Lenard: Definitely got to know you from that one time desk partner thing in the combined concert, Beyond Boundaries, was amazing. you're still my all time favourite younger desk partner
Tiap: Also got closer to you through octet generation 1,will remember those letters we wrote, you're a great guy and a brilliant violist (oxymoron?) haha
Alan: Don't know you all that well, but I guess I know you mainly from two incidents, once when you had the -mis-fortune of sitting w Tiap and me in the Hilary Hahn concert and I remember in the second half you gg SHE'S IN THE ORCHESTRA SHE IS SHE IS and it turned out true. wow. and the other time was when I was discussing Mendelssohn's 2nd Violin concerto w you on sms after the concert but yep you're a talented kid really :)
Siying: Really scared of you at first, but after quartet it was really havoc! still love you:)
Ditong: Even more scared of you at first, I saw you and SY playing Bach double and thought you both were damn fierce but of course after quartet I've been telling you everything! and we're just as close as always, we've really been through a lot:)
Tronky: You were the earliest close friend I made in HC, thanks to angel mortal, though technically I didn't find out it was you till heaps later haha thanks for all the help I owe a lot to you and emotionally as well.
Jeremy: Knew you mid J1, mostly through group outings with Fish but then Really talked more with you on all those mrt rides home from the Esplanade, and then you've been with me on a really amazing journey since then
Nat: Got to know you a little better after the second Christmas concert when you were talking abt the choir and their blaspheming HAHA (got less scared of you then)then I got to know you a lot better through msn, thank goodness for convenient time differences, and from reading your very intelligent essays, thanks for the opportunity really:) and for the good company when I was bored between work hours or in the afternoon, with no one to talk to
Johnny: Whoa! First met you in Malay gig, when you got me the Beethoven score, got to know you better when we were desk partners in Rach and then Brahms, you've been an amazing kor, through everything:)
Ruoxin: Wow I knew you really early as well, from talking to you at a dinner which was full of guys catching up, to all the NUSSO concerts, thanks for the encouragement and our girl talk and just being there for me and being accepting. You're a great jie also:)
Emotional day. end (i love everyone)
(I love HC strings)
belle epoque at 12:33 PM