Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Art Gallery Gig
Ode to Art!
Today's gig went quite well, lots of rich looking people deciding what pieces of art to get...I felt so Bourgeois, crammed between a naked red boy statue and an eastern looking piece of art playing Mozart's Eine Kleine. Haha. Ate interesting things at the buffet, a green tea fondue (!!its all fondue lately! everything is fondue-sized! kaya!green tea!), teriyaki satay like things,chanwamugi(is that it?probably not:( ) the jap egg thing. also a nice sweet grape with rice and some-meat patty. We got autographed postcards from the Japanese artist(a very nice lady), and my second violinist (also a very nice Japanese lady) gave me a fat assed 4 legged ant toy which I shall always keep in my cello:) Acoustics were nice and echoey, bad for hearing but probably hid a lot of things haha. Some lady was so close to me I kept poking her with my bow (accidentally) until she moved away. Then I had BK with K :)
It was rather a pleasant evening...sigh I'll really miss Remix when I'm gone.
Other things played! Mozart Divertimentos, Moon River, Peter Breiner's Here Comes the Sun, from Beatles go Baroque(which I REALLY like), Air on G String and of course Canon. I looked around in interest during that one.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being!
belle epoque at 12:29 PM