Monday, June 05, 2006
Childhood
Some of you may recognise this...from my HC concert script...Fatal Attraction Inspirations06Your childhood is a strange thing. You don't remember exactly what you did to pass the time but you know that you laughed while doing it. You remember every detail kissed leaf as you lay on the ground and laughed at the ferocity of the sun; and you said, as you turned to face the world, I will conquer you tomorrow because today, today I have conquered myself.
You remember every little pain, and it was beautiful because you knew that something would always happen after that to take the hurt away. You remember staying awake every night trying to understand how you fell asleep. But it never worked, and you woke up just in time to wave goodbye to the dying stars and kiss your father before he left for work.
You would spend every day in exhilarated wonder, and you assumed that there would be better things to come because everyone wanted to grow up faster. And at that moment your life was an epic. A tentative epic, but an epic nonetheless.
I wish things could be so simple again, when I could be close to someone, in the purest form of the word, without intangible ramifications crowding me out and suffocating my comfortbelle epoque at 12:27 PM