Licentia Liquendi

  • Jeremy
  • Alvin
  • Naz
  • Qing Zhao
  • My Best Kor,Tong Kai
  • Debs
  • Pooh
  • My Best Jie,RuoX
  • HBB
  • one of my Fave cello girls Nuoz
  • Diane my rocking socking senior 6 years!
  • Quintet Erat Demonstrandum..we Rock

Archives

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • June 2007

  • August 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008

  • February 2009

Links

  • {Blogger}
  • {Drogue Designs - Very pretty Designs}
  • {Exploding Dog}
  • {Fugly Hilarious}
  • {Piu Forte! Music Site}
  • {De-Motivators. Parody of all those annoying inspirational posters - Hilarious!}
  • {Creatures in my Head - Adorably warped Creatures, my kinda site.}
  • {Dilbert Blog, pretty funny stories}
  • {Beautiful Nikon Pictures}
  • {Absolut has the Best ads!Check out the Gallery

Bookpile

  • {Zadie Smith:White Teeth}{Norton Juster:The Phantom Tollbooth}
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TiffChoong. Make your own badge here.

    Wednesday, May 03, 2006

    My Cello

    I realised my cello has been with me such a long time...now I'm planning how to take it to America. And I realised, my cello was a remnant of my first love, followed me to the most exciting concerts in my life, lived through the biggest moments in my musical history...It's always reacted to my emotions and now its going to follow me to the Next Big Thing in life.

    Concert was over on the 1st of May. From my last blog entry, I can't believe its been so long. a whole month. Concert was amazing! The atmosphere, the performance, we didn't make as many mistakes as I thought we would and the script reading went fairly well. Of course, everyone's favourite part was when the soloist stamped on the rose. I loved the Romeo and Juliet. somehow the cor anglais reminds me of Chausson's Poeme, with the sun rising over the desert in the night, its a wide expanse, and lonely, and I am looking over it. The moment feels like forever, but its the kind of beauty that scares you with every threat of ending a second later.

    I don't want it to end. Someone from Chicago said that happiness is a simple concept, and pleasing, but for something to be sublime, it has to be a mixture of joy and fear. In this case, it is a subtle mix of both. The Romeo and Juliet told me so much about life. It presents it as something bittersweet, treated with a bit of irony and even self deprecation (as is the Russian tradition) but at the same time, it moves with pride. And it maintains that through the whole piece, looking you straight in the eye. The silences are always vulnerable and it sounds like a breath or a sigh, as I told someone earlier on.

    Octet was wonderful. It was an amazing experience. So many specific things to learn once you experience the piece yourself. this goes especially for the 2nd movement :)

    belle epoque at 10:50 AM